1) In honor of Thanksgiving, I have released a version of John Bucchino's wise classic “Grateful” to a bunch of streaming platforms.
2) My next public performance will be on Friday, March 29, 2024 at the Parish Center For the Arts in Westford, MA. You can click here to order very affordable tickets ($5 - $15) which are now on sale.
3) I continue to release songs that I've recorded with pianist/producer Doug Hammer, and my streaming numbers have been rising — with over 1000 streams on Spotify for “Gold In Them Hills" as well as “Overjoyed,” “In My Life,” "Waltzing With COVID-19," and “Democracy Is Under Attack.” I send a HEARTFELT THANK YOU to everyone who is listening, "liking" and adding my songs to their playlists!
4) Here's a list of clickable song titles if you are curious to listen to other recent releases: “Grateful,” “Asleep At The Karmic Wheel,” "You Took Advantage Of Me/I Could Write A Book" (a medley of two great Rodgers & Hart songs), "The World Within" (by me), "The Babysitter's Here" (by the incomparable Dar Williams), "Nice Work If You Can Get It" (by the Gershwin Brothers) and "Can We Slow It Down?" (by me).
5) It was an honor to be part of a musical reunion at 54 Below in Manhattan with the original cast members of PIPPIN on February 6 and 7, 2023. Our four performances sold out months in advance, and our livestream had more attendees — from all around the world — than any previous performance at 54 Below. If you are curious, you can click here for a review in Broadway World by Bobby Patrick, and you can also watch a minute-long video of the final song from the live-streamed performance by clicking here. I am also honored to have had some of my memories included in this recent article about the 50th anniversary of PIPPIN opening on Broadway.
6) You can also click here to listen to a version of "Magic To Do" from PIPPIN that I recorded with Doug Hammer and Mike Callahan a few years back.
7) Molly Ruggles, Carole Bundy and I have released five songs to various streaming platforms. to various digital music platforms. You are welcome to sample them by clicking on their titles — "Simple Rules" (written by Molly), "The Beauty All Around" (written by me), "The Garden Song" (written by Dave Mallett), "A Beating Heart" (written by me) and "The Surrey With The Fringe On Top" (written by Rodgers & Hammerstein).
8) Our planet's climate equilibriumcontinues to swing more and more wildly out of balance. You can click here to listen to a song I wrote inspired by our ongoing human denial about climate catastrophe called "We're Running A Big Experiment."
9) And you can click here to read a blog post by Boomer Eco Crusader which features my song "We're Running A Big Experiment."
10) Pianists Joe Reid and I — as well as Molly Ruggles when Joe is not available — are happily sharing our hour-long programs of music at retirement communities around the greater Boston area including Chestnut Park in Brighton, Brightview in Wakefield, Carleton-Willard Village in Bedford, Neville Place in Cambridge, Springhouse in Jamaica Plain, Brightview in Arlington, Fuller Village in Milton, Waterstone At the Circle in Boston, Cornerstone in Milford, Lasell Village in Newton, Newbury Court in Concord, North Hill in Needham, Goddard House in Brookline, Concord Park in West Concord, Standish Village in Dorchester, the Carriage House in Wayland, The Commons in Lincoln, Avita in Needham, Carriage House at Lee's Farm in Wayland, Atria Marina Place in North Quincy, Brightview in Danvers, and the Center Communities in Brookline.
Although we and the residents/staff are sometimes wearing masks, we still manage to have a great time making music together. And Joe, Molly and I are fully vaccinated/boosted. Please send me a message if you might like us to bring music to YOUR community.
11) You can also find lots of music — along with personal musings — on my blog AMusicaLifeOnPlanetEarth.
Please feel free to wander around my site and learn more about my musical life here on planet earth.
And THANK YOU for dropping by!
You are welcome to visit my blog — which features at least one song per post— and read about topics ranging from climate change to songwriters (such as Yip Harburg, Dorothy Fields and the Gershwin Brothers), to my somewhat unusual childhood working professionally around the USA, to my time as a standby in the original production of Pippin when I was ten years old.
My 100th blog post features the song "Overjoyed" — written by Stevie Wonder and performed by Doug Hammer, (piano), Mike Callahan (clarinet), and me (vocals).
You Can Help Will Keep Making Music...
In the past, I have been reluctant to ask anyone for financial contributions. However, several people — especially when I was leading nightly sing-alongs via Facebook Live in 2020 — told me I needed to offer a tip jar. So here it is!
Enter the amount you wish to donate
You are welcome to download these songs on a "pay what you can afford" basis.
You can also listen to them on various digital music platforms via links on the right side of the music player at the bottom of this screen.