1) Although the weather has been quite cool, spring has finally returned to the northern hemisphere of planet earth! I hope you are savoring the budding trees and flowering bulbs in your neighborhood, and I am very grateful that you are visiting my website. Thank you for dropping by!
2) You can click here to listen to a short, sweet and very grateful song I wrote called "My Sweet Honeydew" with Doug Hammer playing piano.
3) Pianist Joe Reid and I are happily sharing our hour-long programs of music at retirement communities around the greater Boston area including Chestnut Park in Brighton, Brightview in Wakefield, Springhouse in Jamaica Plain, Brightview in Arlington, Fuller Village in Milton, Waterstone At the Circle in Boston, Cornerstone in Milford, Lasell Village in Newton, Newbury Court in Concord, North Hill in Needham, Goddard House in Brookline, Concord Park in West Concord, Standish Village in Dorchester, and the Center Communities in Brookline.
Although we and the residents/staff are often still wearing masks — which makes it very hard to see anyone's facial expressions — we still manage to have a great time making music together. And Joe and I are fully vaccinated/boosted. Please send me a message if you might like us to bring music to YOUR community.
4) You can click here to see a video made by Milton Access TV during a recent visit to Fuller Village. Just search for "Fuller Village Concert Series: Will McMillan Sings the Songs of Cole Porter - March 6th, 2022" in their gallery of recent video offerings.
5) I am continuing to offer Music Together classes this spring, and we are able to meet outside in a local park on non-rainy days (and via Zoom if it rains...) If you and a small human being (aged 0-4 years old) might like to join the musical fun on Monday, Tuesday or Friday mornings in May and June, you are welcome to click here to learn more.
6) I've been working on a bunch of new songs to release in the upcoming months featuring Doug Hammer on his wonderful Schimmel grand piano — as well as a new project featuring harmony singing with Carole Bundy and Molly Ruggles (who also plays piano and writes us great arrangements) — and a CD-in-progress of fun duets with singer Bobbi Carrey.
You can click here to visit a web page I recently made for Molly, Carole and me AND listen to one of our first finished songs — "Simple Rules" (an original written by Molly).
8) You can also find lots of music — along with personal musings — on AMusicaLifeOnPlanetEarth (my blog).
9) I was honored to be interviewed by Ed Karvoski, Jr. for the June 2021 issue of the Fifty Plus Advocate. You can click here to read it if you are curious.
10) I was delighted to be interviewed by Loren King for the March/April 2021 issue of Boston Spirit magazine. You can click here to read it if you are curious.
Please feel free to wander around my site and learn more about my musical life here on planet earth.
And thank you — again — for dropping by!
You are welcome to visit my blog — which features at least one song per post— and read about topics ranging from climate change/disaster to songwriters (such as Yip Harburg, Dorothy Fields and the Gershwin Brothers), to my somewhat unusual childhood working professionally around the USA, to my time as a standby in the original production of Pippin when I was ten years old.
My 100th blog post features the song "Overjoyed" — written by Stevie Wonder and performed by Doug Hammer, (piano), Mike Callahan (clarinet), and me (vocals).
You Can Help Will Keep Making Music...
In the past, I have been reluctant to ask anyone for financial contributions. However, several people — especially when I was leading nightly sing-alongs via Facebook Live in 2020 — told me I needed to offer a tip jar. So here it is!
Enter the amount you wish to donate
You are welcome to download these songs on a "pay what you can afford" basis.
You can also listen to them on various digital music platforms via links on the right side of the music player at the bottom of this screen.