Another Good Morning 3:100:00/3:10
Plant A Radish 3:010:00/3:01
A Beating Heart 3:290:00/3:29
New Words 5:150:00/5:15
1) THANK YOU to everyone who joined us — in person or via Zoom — on 4/30/23 for a service called "The Gospel According To Yip" which Molly Ruggles, Carole Bundy and I shared at the UU Church in Medford.
2) We will be performing 45-minutes of music at Porchfests in Medford (6/3/23), Arlington (6/17/23), Jamaica Plain (8/19/23) and West Concord (9/23/23). We would love to see you at one of these free, fun community events!
3) If you are longing for spring, you are welcome to click here and read my blog post about a local organic farm which features Dave Mallett's beloved "The Garden Song."
4) You can also read a blog post inspired by my newest song — "Democracy Is Under Attack" — by clicking here (and can listen to the song on streaming platforms by clicking here).
5) It was a delight to be part of a musical reunion at 54 Below in Manhattan with the original cast members of PIPPIN on February 6 and 7, 2023. Our four performances were very well-received, and our livestream had more attendees — from all around the world — than any previous performance at 54 Below. If you are curious, you can click here for a review in Broadway World by Bobby Patrick, and you can also watch a minute-long video of the final song from the live-streamed performance by clicking here. I am also honored to have had some of my memories included in this recent article about the 50th anniversary of PIPPIN opening on Broadway.
6) You can click here to listen to a version of "Magic To Do" from PIPPIN that I recorded with Doug Hammer and Mike Callahan a few years back.
7) Molly Ruggles, Carole Bundy and I recently released a song I wrote called "A Beating Heart" to various digital music platforms. And you can sample our other releases by clicking on their titles — "Simple Rules" (written by Molly), "The Beauty All Around" (written by me), "The Garden Song" (written by Dave Mallett), and "The Surrey With The Fringe On Top" (written by Rodgers & Hammerstein).
8) While all of this exciting (for me at least!) PIPPIN-related stuff has been happening, our planet's climate equilibrium has continued to swing more and more wildly out of balance. You can click here to listen to a song I wrote inspired by our ongoing human denial about climate catastrophe called "We're Running A Big Experiment."
9) And you can click here to read a blog post by Boomer Eco Crusader which features my song "We're Running A Big Experiment."
10) Pianists Joe Reid and I — and sometimes Molly Ruggles when Joe is not available — are happily sharing our hour-long programs of music at retirement communities around the greater Boston area including Chestnut Park in Brighton, Brightview in Wakefield, Carleton-Willard Village in Bedford, Neville Place in Cambridge, Springhouse in Jamaica Plain, Brightview in Arlington, Fuller Village in Milton, Waterstone At the Circle in Boston, Cornerstone in Milford, Lasell Village in Newton, Newbury Court in Concord, North Hill in Needham, Goddard House in Brookline, Concord Park in West Concord, Standish Village in Dorchester, the Carriage House in Wayland, The Commons in Lincoln, Avita in Needham, Carriage House at Lee's Farm in Wayland, Atria Marina Place in North Quincy, Brightview in Danvers, and the Center Communities in Brookline.
Although we and the residents/staff are often still wearing masks — which makes it very hard to see anyone's facial expressions — we still manage to have a great time making music together. And Joe and I are fully vaccinated/boosted. Please send me a message if you might like us to bring music to YOUR community.
11) You can find me singing on Pandora, Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube and other digital music platforms. Just search for "Will McMillan featuring Doug Hammer."
12) You can also find lots of music — along with personal musings — on my blog AMusicaLifeOnPlanetEarth.
Please feel free to wander around my site and learn more about my musical life here on planet earth.
And THANK YOU for dropping by!
You are welcome to visit my blog — which features at least one song per post— and read about topics ranging from climate change to songwriters (such as Yip Harburg, Dorothy Fields and the Gershwin Brothers), to my somewhat unusual childhood working professionally around the USA, to my time as a standby in the original production of Pippin when I was ten years old.
My 100th blog post features the song "Overjoyed" — written by Stevie Wonder and performed by Doug Hammer, (piano), Mike Callahan (clarinet), and me (vocals).
You Can Help Will Keep Making Music...
In the past, I have been reluctant to ask anyone for financial contributions. However, several people — especially when I was leading nightly sing-alongs via Facebook Live in 2020 — told me I needed to offer a tip jar. So here it is!
Enter the amount you wish to donate
You are welcome to download these songs on a "pay what you can afford" basis.
You can also listen to them on various digital music platforms via links on the right side of the music player at the bottom of this screen.